There are plenty of good reasons you might be ready to move. No matter your motivations, before you list your current house, you need to consider where you’ll go next. In today’s market, it makes sense to explore all your options. That includes both homes that have been lived in before as well as newly built ones.
To help you decide which is right for you, let’s compare the benefits of each. Regardless of which option you choose to explore, working with a trusted real estate professional throughout the process is essential.
The Benefits of Newly Built Homes First, let’s look at the benefits of purchasing a newly constructed home. With a brand-new house, you’ll be able to:
1. Build your dream home If you build a home from the ground up, you’ll have the option to select the custom features you want, including appliances, finishes, landscaping, layout, and more. Bankrate puts it like this: “Building means customizing. . . . instead of wishing your home had a certain kind of flooring, a sunroom or some other special amenity, you’ll be able to tailor the property to your exact needs. You also won’t be limited to a specific location or neighborhood.” 2. Take advantage of builder concessions In today’s market, a lot of home builders are working hard to sell their current inventory before they add more to their mix. That means many of them are offering concessions and are more willing to negotiate with buyers. That could work to your advantage in the process.
3. Minimize home repairs Many builders offer a warranty, so you’ll have peace of mind on unlikely repairs. Plus, you won’t have as many little improvement projects to tackle.
As realtor.com says: “. . . if something goes wrong with your new home, not only are there likely some manufacturer warranties in place, but many builders also include additional home warranties . . .”
4. Take advantage of energy efficiency When building a home, you can choose brand-new, energy-efficient options to help lower your utility costs, protect the environment, and reduce your carbon footprint.
The Benefits of Existing Homes Now, let’s compare those to the perks that come with buying an existing home. With a pre-existing home, you can:
1. Explore a wider variety of home styles and floorplans With decades of homes to choose from, you’ll have a broader range of floorplans and designs available.
2. Appreciate that lived-in charm The character of older homes is hard to reproduce. If you value timeless craftsmanship or design elements, you may prefer an existing home.
3. Join an established neighborhood Existing homes give you the option to get to know the neighborhood, community, or traffic patterns before you commit. Plus, they have more developed landscaping and trees, which can give you additional privacy and curb appeal.
4. Move in faster If you have a short timeframe to move or you just don’t want the process to take several months while your home is under construction, buying an existing home might make sense for you.
U.S. News explains: “When you’re choosing a home, existing or new, you should also consider how long it might take to move into that home. Just because you have a contract doesn’t mean that your new home will be completed (or even started) at the time you agree to the purchase. It can be a struggle waiting for the walls to go up as you wonder what your home will become.”
When thinking about where you’ll go after you sell your house, remember your options. As you start your search, think about what’s most important to you. By working with a trusted real estate agent, you can be confident you’re making the most educated, informed decision.
Bottom Line If you have questions about the options in our area, let’s discuss what's available and what's right for you, so you’re ready to make your next move with confidence.
Scott Sweeney Realtor - M&M Real Estate Cell: Call/Text 707-330-2324 Office: Call/Text 916-245-3060 Schedule a call or zoom with us here! 👇
About Scott Sweeney Scott Sweeney is a top 5% producing Elk Grove Realtor who services the greater Sacramento & Solano county areas. He has been the top producer for the last 6 consecutive years at M&M Real Estate, and his association has recognized his success and inducted him into the Sacramento Association Of Realtors Masters Club in 2019. Scott has over 15 years working in the real estate industry all of which at M&M Real Estate; a locally owned and operated real estate office in Elk Grove, Ca. Scott has a Bachelor Of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in Marketing from CSUS. His education, and extensive background in the hospitality, marketing, and real estate industries, have helped Scott to become one of the leading, and most sought-after agents in the area. Scott puts his clients first and is known for taking an educational approach with his clients so they understand every step and strategy of the home buying and selling process. Reach out to Scott Sweeney & SweeneySells today to take the first step towards your real estate goals! Read Scott's Reviews Here Contact Information: Scott Sweeney Realtor - M&M Real Estate BRE Lic# 01938720
Top Producer 2016-2021
"I appreciate your business & referrals!"
Hours Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Sat By Appointment Sun Off #SweeneySells #ListingSpecialist #sweeneyworldwide #mmrealestate #SellYourHomeForMore #expertanswers #stayinformed #staycurrent #powerfuldecisions #confidentdecisions #realestate #homevalues #homeownership #homebuying #realestategoals #realestatetips #realestatelife #realestatenews #realestateagent #realestateexpert #realestateagency #realestateadvice #realestateblog #realestatemarket #realestateexperts #instarealestate #instarealtor #elkgroverealestate #realestatetipsoftheday #realestatetipsandadvice #keepingcurrentmatter